Thursday, December 2, 2010

SPOILER ALERT: Controversial teen whose waist can be held in a man's hands named America's Next Top Model

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Stunned: Ann Ward finds out she has been crowned America's Next Top Model on the finale show last night


Her first appearance on America's Next Top Model caused controversy when a judge showed he could fit both hands round her tiny waist.

But model wannabe Ann Ward's ultra slim physique did not deter the judges in tonight's finale of the hit TV show.

The 6"2 gangly model from Dallas was declared the winner of the programme, landing a modelling contract, a spread in Italian Vogue and a $100,000 contract to advertise Cover Girl cosmetics.


Reactions: Ann was overcome when she was crowned winner, but loser Chelsey Hersley didn't look impressed


The 19-year-old was overcome with emotion after judges including designer Roberto Cavalli, Vogue magazine's Andre Leon Tally and host Tyra Banks told her she had beaten 22-year-old finalist Chelsey Hersley from Idaho.

'I'm so honoured right now,' said Ann who told Tyra she was bullied at school because of her unusual appearance.

'All those comments about being tall and just not normal. They're going to look back and feel "I should have been so nice to that girl."'


Emotional: Ann burst into tears when host Tyra Banks told her she was the winner of Cycle 15


However, Chelsey, who says she has wanted to be a supermodel since she was three-years-old, did not take her loss well.

'I feel cheated. I feel I have the whole package,' she said. 'And I don't think Ann does.'

But, after watching the show back last night, Chelsey admitted Ann definitely took better photographs than she did.


Catwalk queens: Ann and Chelsey walked in a Roberto Cavalli show in the season finale of the programme


She said: 'I had time to realize I made it to the final two. I'm the runner-up to America's Next Top Model. I think that's a huge accomplishment. I'm really proud of myself.

'I think the Cycle is more elevated, more high fashion. And I find myself to be very high fashionable and editorial, but Ann took amazing pictures.

'When it came down to it, Ann took better pictures than I did.'


Challenges: The girls took part in an fashion shoot in the Italian countryside for the final show




source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment