Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm A Celebrity: Stacey Solomon crowned queen of the jungle

By Emily Sheridan



Queen of the Jungle: Stacey Solomon looks delighted as she is named the winner of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!


Singer Stacey Solomon has been crowned queen of the jungle after beating Shaun Ryder in this year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

The single mother, known as the 'diva from Dagenham' after coming third in X Factor last year, had been the bookies favourite to win since the 10th series began on November 14.

The 21-year-old broke down in tears and hugged former Happy Mondays singer Shaun, 48, when she was named winner of this year's show.


I did it! Stacey throws her hands in the air in celebration as she poses for the cameras upon leaving the jungle camp


After being crowned by Caroline Flack, the down-to-earth apologised for her 'bad breath'.

Clearly stunned by winning the show, she said: 'What the hell just happened? Thank you so much, I dunno what to say.'

She then ran over the bridge to be reunited with her boyfriend Aaron Barnham, son Zach and mum Fiona.


Diva from Dagenham: But Stacey's down-to-earth and positive attitude won over camp mates and viewers


Shock: Stacey admitted she was 'lost for words' after beating runner-up Shaun Ryder


Reflecting on her time in the jungle before finding out she had won, Stacey enthused: 'I've had the best time ever and Lord only knows I'm annoying so thank you for having me.'

And she said she loved the Celebrity Cyclone and Super Scario trials and could not wait to watch them back.

She said: 'They were wicked and no bugs. I've eaten brain and cockroach, real Bushtucker, I never turned down a trial, I just thought, "you can do it".

'I was really scared because you have to get the food, it's such huge pressure. I never thought I could actually do them, I didn't ever think I could do it and I can't believe that I did.


Hugs all round: Stacey is reunited with her son Zach and fellow contestant Gillian McKeith


'I've found the trials a lot harder than what I thought, everything made me a nervous wreck at every trial. I never want to do another Bushtucker trial ever again.'

She added: 'The funniest moment for me was the stone throw (to Joly).

'My most frustrating moment was trying to explain to Ms McKeith why she was disqualified from one of the kangaroo courts.'

Shaun was also a popular contestant and proved his 'hardman' credentials by famously keeping his cool when he was bitten by a snake during an overnight trial.


Reunited: A tearful Stacey hugs her boyfriend Aaron Barnham


Down to earth: Stacey apologised for her 'bad breath' after she was crowned by Caroline Flack - who presents ITV2 spin-off I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here Now


Reflecting on the bite, he said: 'I wanted to pull it out and smash it to bits... but it's an animal.'

Addressing his stormy relationship with Gillian McKeith, he admitted: 'Gillian's me, me, me, me... people like that really bug me.

'It was a series of things that built up.'

He acknowledged it was a 'turning point' when Gillian was voted off, describing it as 'fantastic'.

He admitted 'never in a million years' would he believed he would have lasted until the final.


Be patient: Stacey had to be covered in a 'sham-poo' of meal worms and crickets for 30 seconds during the last Bushtucker Trial


Keeping his cool: Shaun tries to relax as he's showered with 'cockroach conditioner'


The winner was unveiled after the two finalists went head-to-head in the last live Bucktucker Trial, entitled the 'Bush Spa'.

They were warned they would have to put up with being covered in various jungle critters and insects for 30 seconds at a time, with former campmates Dom Joly and Lembit Opik being punished by being covered in slime if either of them failed.

The pair started off in hairdressers chairs, with Stacey receiving a 'sham-poo' by having her head covered in meal worms and crickets while Shaun kept his cool during his 'cockroach conditioner'.


Eeeeeek: Stacey had a biting ant manicure and a yabbie pedicure


Next up, a screaming Stacey just about managed to last 30 seconds during her pedicure of yabbies and biting ants.

Shaun also successfully endured the rat sauna, but admitted he was concerned the vermin would be attracted to a bleeding wound on his leg.

All of this year's campmates were back in the studio to see Stacey being crowned queen of the jungle, including Alison Hammond, Aggro Santos, Kayla Collins, Linford Christie, Sheryl Gascoigne, Britt Ekland and Jenny Eclair - who finished in was third place on Friday's show.


Relieved: Dom Joly and Lembit Opik faced the prospect of being covered in gunge if Stacey and Shaun failed the Bushtucker Trial


The gang's all here: Their former campmates Britt Ekland, Alison Hammond, Dom, Lembit, Gillian McKeith, Jenny Eclair, Aggro Santos, Kayla Collins, Linford Christie and Sheryl Gascoigne were all back





Source:Dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment