Monday, December 6, 2010

Caped crusader: Victoria Beckham keeps warm in this season's trendiest cover-up

By Maysa Rawi



That's a wrap! Victoria Beckham shows off her favourite winter coat, a Giambattista Valli cape at LAX airport


The cape has been all the rage this season - as perfectly demonstrated by Victoria Beckham.

The stylish designer looked her usual glamourous self in the latest fashion must-have, which she described on Twitter as her 'favourite winter coat'.

She teamed the Sixties -inspired Giambattista Valli piece with with black tights, YSL platforms and of course, signature oversized shades for her travels.


And Victoria isn't the only one rocking the trend right now. Celebrities from Katherine Jenkins to Mariah Carey are all embracing the military look to keep warm this winter.

The cape, although not entirely practical, has been a predominant feature on the catwalk this season and makes a chic alternative to sleeved coats.

From camel to block colour, hundreds of variations have since flooded the high street.

Victoria's designer version is hardly affordable but cheaper alternatives can be found in most shops including Zara and M&S.


Hot: Katherine Jenkins is stylish in zip detailing, left, Leighton Meester's colourful combination brightens up the Gossip Girl set and Myleene Klass does grown-up school-girl in a pleated skirt and knee-high socks


...And not: Mariah Carey, left, and Amanda Holden, right, do their best Little Red Riding Hood impression and a pregnant Stella McCartney's camel cape makes her look slightly washed out


Victoria has been busy working on designs for a future clothing collection.

The former Spice Girls star has enjoyed immense success since launching her own fashion range, counting Oprah Winfrey and Jennifer Lopez as fans.

Victoria is also thrilled that she has been taken seriously as a designer, after having reinvented herself.

She said: 'I want to grow as a designer, I want to learn the techniques and do more and more. I feel more confident in myself because I feel fulfilled, creatively and professionally. I've still got a long way to go, but I feel very happy.

'I'm in a good place in my life. And I don't feel I have to prove myself as much as I used to have to.'


Source:Dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment